Director of eCommerce
WordStream, winner of Boston’s Best Places to Work over the last three years, is recruiting a Director to lead its new e-Commerce product offering. Reporting to the SVP of Product, this individual will lead this strategic new business initiative and collaborate across the organization to bring to market a new product offering to help our small business customers and agencies better manage and optimize their online shopping campaigns.
A little about the job:
- Work with our customers to understand their eCommerce pain points. Learn and understand their product advertising needs. Collect feedback and design a product that will solve their business problems, grow their business, and improve their experience with WordStream.
- Collaborate across the Company to create, execute, and own the new eCommerce product vision, roadmap, and strategy.
- Work with our SVP of Engineering to hire and lead a new development team (3-4 hires) to build the product utilizing WordStream’s current Google, Facebook, and Bing API integrations.
- Work with Corporate Development and Sales to select and acquire any required technology and/or channel partners to successfully execute the product and business strategy.
- Extend WordStream’s current market leadership position from online advertising into eCommerce with a unique product offering that helps SMB merchants grow their business.
A little about you:
- An internet marketing professional with 5+ years’ experience in a senior eCommerce role responsible for driving demand generation for e-commerce stores.
- Have a proven track record in managing day-to-day shopping campaigns for successful e-commerce storefronts, including bid strategies and optimization, product feed optimization, and campaign performance reporting.
- Have foundational knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem, including product ads (Google, Facebook, Bing, Amazon), hosted eCommerce platforms (Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento), as well as datafeed, product review management, lead capture and CRO applications.
- You understand online merchant needs and industry technology trends in the B2B and B2C eCommerce space.
- Someone who lives and breathes our core values.
- Someone who is passionate about taking complex business processes and productizing into simple workflows.
- Someone who shares our “customer-first” mentality and is committed to developing products to help our customers’ improve their business.
- Someone who is passionate about customer experience, specifically online merchants.
- You can work with our engineers to design and build product while at the same time interface with our marketing and sales team to drive business strategy.
- Product leadership experience is a plus.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO, Based off trust and accountability
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Stock Option Plan
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space:
WordStream makes online marketing easy for SMBs and agencies who serve them. Our automated software platform eliminates the “guesswork” from online advertising, and turns it into profitable and efficient customer acquisition so that our customers can grow their business. Our prescriptive workflows and automated alerts help customers better manage and optimize their online advertising campaigns across multiple channels, including Google, Facebook, and Bing.
- In a few short years, WordStream has become Google’s largest AdWords partner in the SMB marketplace. Our platform now processes over $600M in customer ad spend
- Inc 5000-member last five years (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Winner of Boston’s Best Places to Work three straight years (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work, 2017
- Best-in-class customer satisfaction rankings by G2Crowd for Search Advertising and Social Media Advertising
WordStream is a venture-backed, technology-driven SaaS company. We offer a high energy, innovative work environment where individual contributions are valued and rewarded. Our new offices in the Prudential Mall are sleek and modern and offer collaborative space, standing desks, and all the coffee you could ever drink. We are building a world class product and team, and we reward our team members with a great work environment, competitive pay, great benefits and path to career advancement.