Data Scientist- Product Intelligence
Wordstream is looking for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter recommendations. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with WordStream Advisor. As a data scientist, you will own the creation of KPIs and KPMs, define standards on measurement, reporting, and reviewing the metrics to enable WordStream to provide product intelligence. This position involves regular communication with senior management on project status and risks. Cross-team coordination, project management, and executive presentation skills are essential.
WordStream is an industry leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) product company voted #1 in customer satisfaction in the search advertising sector. Our purpose is to help SMB’s succeed and grow by helping SMB’s across our country and the world get the most out of their digital marketing dollars. Connected to some of the largest companies in the world, Wordstream is partnered with Google, Bing and Facebook to help our customers market their businesses. WordStream also strives to make a difference in the lives of the people in our community. We are committed to corporate social responsibility and believe that it is our duty to give back through volunteering and charitable donations. If you are driven by taking action, winning together and believe transparency is the only way to be, we want to hear from you!
A little about the job...
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Own the analysis, modelling, system design, and development of data science solutions for products
- Own the data science elements of WordStream products to help with data based decision making, product performance optimization, and product performance tracking
- Initiate the design, development, and implementation of scientific analysis projects or deliverables
- Work directly with product managers to help drive the design of the product
- Help promote broader analytics initiatives across the organization
A little about you...
- 5+ years of practical experience with a BS or MS or PhD in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Must have at least 3+ years of experience in each of the following skills:
- Writing complex SQL queries
- Working with large datasets
- Using a scripting language like Python for data analysis
- Experience using BI and visualization tools
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Random Forest, etc. Experience with TensorFlow a plus
- Proven ability to perform statistical analysis and experience with tools such as SAS, R, or equivalent
- Experience with cloud computing services like AWS
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
A little about our many benefits...
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan & Company Match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO (Trust and accountability-based)
- Parental Leave (PPL), Family Medical Leave (FML), and Adoption Assistance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (STD, LTD)
- Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance,and Critical Illness Insurance
- Donation Matching and Volunteer Matching
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discounts: Auto Insurance, Student Loan Consolidation Options, Cell Phone Carriers, Vacations, and Restaurants
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection Plans
- Wellbeing & Wellness (Gym membership discounts, online wellness program membership)
- Monthly company breakfasts
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, company-sponsored community events, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space...
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration (and a fair bit of fun, too). The high-energy, innovative environment has helped us develop a suite of cloud-based tools--which enable ad management and optimization across Google search, shopping, and display; Facebook; Instagram; and Bing--capable of meeting the changing needs of our customers.
Boston Business Journal, MITX, Inc. Magazine, and countless other organizations--both regional and national--have recognized WordStream as one of the country’s fastest growing companies and an exceptional place to work: And we’re just getting started.
Interested in contributing to industry-shaping innovation, enjoying a positive workspace, earning competitive pay, and advancing your career? Become part of the WordStream team today!
WordStream is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.