Billing Specialist/Business Analyst
WordStream is hiring a Business Analyst to support our critical Finance & Accounting function. This role is highly visible, working closely with our Sales & Customer Retention teams, communicating directly with WordStream’s customer base, and managing the day-to-day overview and administration of customer subscriptions and the accounts receivable process. Our ideal candidate is a highly analytical thinker, thrives on problem solving and resolutions, and is driven to succeed in a rapidly growing, industry leading organization.
WordStream is an industry leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) product company voted #1 in customer satisfaction in the search advertising sector. We’re committed to helping SMB’s across our country and the world succeed and grow by helping them get the most out of their digital marketing dollars. Connected to some of the largest companies in the world, Wordstream is partnered with Google, Bing and Facebook to help our customers market their businesses. WordStream also strives to make a difference in the lives of the people in our community. We are committed to corporate social responsibility and believe that it is our duty to give back through volunteering and charitable donations. If you are driven by taking action, winning together and believe transparency is the only way to be, we want to hear from you!
A little about the job...
- Review customer contracts, prepare accurate billings in a timely manner, ensure accurate posting of revenue, maintain records and documents in customer folders.
- Work with Sales team to resolve contract booking questions and issues.
- Process and post customer payments. Timely and accurately process credit memos and other billing & A/R adjustments.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies. Communicate with customers and internal teams about billing discrepancies and other questions.
- Assist with month-end and quarter-end billing and revenue close process, including GL account reconciliations and reports.
- Assist finance team with accounting and FP&A related ad-hoc reports and projects as requested.
- Play support role during monthly financial close as needed.
A little about you…
- BA/BS required
- 2-4 years of relevant accounting, billing and A/R experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills
- SaaS and technology industry knowledge a plus
- Experience with subscription-based billings
- Zuora and Salesforce experience required
- Strongly skilled in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of confidentiality and customer services skills
A little about our many benefits…
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan & Company Match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO (Trust and accountability-based)
- Parental Leave (PPL), Family Medical Leave (FML), and Adoption Assistance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (STD, LTD)
- Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance, and Critical Illness Insurance
- Donation Matching and Volunteer Matching
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discounts: Auto Insurance, Student Loan Consolidation Options, Cell Phone Carriers, Vacations, and Restaurants
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection Plans
- Wellbeing & Wellness (Gym membership discounts, online wellness program membership)
- Monthly company breakfasts
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, company-sponsored community events, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space...
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration (and a fair bit of fun, too). The high-energy, innovative environment has helped us develop a suite of cloud-based tools--which enable ad management and optimization across Google search, shopping, and display; Facebook; Instagram; and Bing--capable of meeting the changing needs of our customers.
Boston Business Journal, MITX, Inc. Magazine, and countless other organizations--both regional and national--have recognized WordStream as one of the country’s fastest growing companies and an exceptional place to work: And we’re just getting started.
Interested in contributing to industry-shaping innovation, enjoying a positive workspace, earning competitive pay, and advancing your career? Become part of the WordStream team today!
WordStream is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.