Director of People Success (Human Resources)
WordStream is hiring for a brand new role within our ever-growing organization and People Success function. We’re looking for a Director of People Success - Business Partner, to work with all areas of the business, serving as a strategic consultant and technical Human Resources expert to help drive the delivery of our business objectives. Reporting to the Vice President of People Success, you will act as a trusted Human Resources partner to management and employees, mentor and grow our Generalist and Business Partner, and serve as a consultant to management on all human resource-related issues.
WordStream is an industry leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) product company voted #1 in customer satisfaction in the search advertising sector. Our purpose is to help SMB’s succeed and grow by helping SMB’s across our country and the world get the most out of their digital marketing dollars. Connected to some of the largest companies in the world, Wordstream is partnered with Google, Bing and Facebook to help our customers market their businesses. WordStream also strives to make a difference in the lives of the people in our community. We are committed to corporate social responsibility and believe that it is our duty to give back through volunteering and charitable donations. If you are driven by taking action, winning together and believe transparency is the only way to be, we want to hear from you!
A little about the job….
- Partner with management and employees to maintain culture, positive morale, productivity, and employee retention.
- Serve as a consultant to management on all human resource-related issues. Establish credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to all levels of management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, performance improvement actions).
- Promote the voice of the employees and prioritize action from exit interviews and other voice of the employee data sources.
- Develop and lead employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of morale.
- Drive change management & internal communications.
- Provide policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develop terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Partner with leaders on organizational design efforts
- Lead major people processes including workforce planning, succession planning, annual review and compensation cycles.
- Assess and anticipates people-related needs. Communicate those needs proactively with the People Success team and business management.
- Develop and use people-related data to inform strategies.
- Contribute to the design of People Success policy and initiative roadmap.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy, the company’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competitors.
- Understand the company’s ongoing strategic priorities to influence and guide leaders and employees toward solutions that improve business outcomes.
- Stay informed about HR industry trends and their potential impact on WordStream.
A little about you...
You’re optimistic, business-minded, personable, bright, and a leader. You believe that effective, flexible people practices and strategies are essential for an organization to be able to deliver customer value. You’re looking for a place that’s filled with smart people, who are working hard on an industry-defining product that helps businesses grow.
- 8+ years of proven experience as an HR Business Partner in a leadership capacity
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology environment is strongly preferred
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to build productive relationships and partner with employees at all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, inclusion, performance management and employment laws.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and goal oriented
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics.
- Flexible; Able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude and humor under pressure.
- Self-aware and open to new ideas and ways of solving problems.
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Practice
- Cultural Awareness
- Relationship Management
A little about our many benefits…
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan & Company Match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO (Trust and accountability-based)
- Parental Leave (PPL), Family Medical Leave (FML), and Adoption Assistance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (STD, LTD)
- Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance,and Critical Illness Insurance
- Donation Matching and Volunteer Matching
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discounts: Auto Insurance, Student Loan Consolidation Options, Cell Phone Carriers, Vacations, and Restaurants
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection Plans
- Wellbeing & Wellness (Gym membership discounts, online wellness program membership)
- Monthly company breakfasts
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, company-sponsored community events, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space...
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration (and a fair bit of fun, too). The high-energy, innovative environment has helped us develop a suite of cloud-based tools--which enable ad management and optimization across Google search, shopping, and display; Facebook; Instagram; and Bing--capable of meeting the changing needs of our customers.
Boston Business Journal, MITX, Inc. Magazine, and countless other organizations--both regional and national--have recognized WordStream as one of the country’s fastest growing companies and an exceptional place to work: And we’re just getting started.
Interested in contributing to industry-shaping innovation, enjoying a positive workspace, earning competitive pay, and advancing your career? Become part of the WordStream team today!
WordStream is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.