Website UX Designer, Marketing
WordStream is hiring a talented User Experience Designer to create innovative and enticing website experiences for our most critical acquisition channel, www.WordStream.com. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UX skills with the ability to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts. While transforming them into compelling, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
WordStream is an industry leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) product company voted #1 in customer satisfaction in the search advertising sector. Our purpose is to help SMB’s succeed and grow by helping SMB’s across our country and the world get the most out of their digital marketing dollars. Connected to some of the largest companies in the world, Wordstream is partnered with Google, Bing and Facebook to help our customers market their businesses. WordStream also strives to make a difference in the lives of the people in our community. We are committed to corporate social responsibility and believe that it is our duty to give back through volunteering and charitable donations. If you are driven by taking action, winning together and believe transparency is the only way to be, we want to hear from you
A little about the job…
- Works with the Website Optimization Director to collaborate with the Product Marketing and the Website Development teams in order to define and implement innovative solutions for website experience enhancements
- Advocate and deeply understand our website persona’s, translating our business requirements into flows and navigational structures that support their needs and our business goals
- Conducts user research testing and evaluates user feedback
- Conducts A/B/N experiments independently and under the direction of the Digital Projects Manager
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate user interaction and design ideas
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to the Website Development team
- Understand and map out the flows that website drive the most business value, track their performance and continually look for optimization opportunities
- Conceptualize original ideas in order to simplify the customer journey and increase prospect awareness and trust in our brand/products
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Work within established design guidelines while promoting best practices and standards
- Be a champion for implementation excellence, working closely with engineers, testers, and business owners to achieve a high-quality user experience.
A little about you…
- BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Graphic Design with related
- 3 - 5 years’ experience with a track record of designing exceptional experiences for complex, data-driven web sites and mobile applications.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Passion for the field of User Experience. Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Experience facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals and conducting usability testing.
- Demonstrated ability to create simple, innovative solutions for complex problems.
- Strong visual and information design skills.
- Expert in Sketch, Axure, Principal or other visual design, wireframing, and prototyping tools.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Marketing and Engineering.
- Ability to articulate design decisions and advocate for users.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
A little about our many benefits…
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan & Company Match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO (Trust and accountability-based)
- Parental Leave (PPL), Family Medical Leave (FML), and Adoption Assistance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (STD, LTD)
- Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance,and Critical Illness Insurance
- Donation Matching and Volunteer Matching
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discounts: Auto Insurance, Student Loan Consolidation Options, Cell Phone Carriers, Vacations, and Restaurants
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection Plans
- Wellbeing & Wellness (Gym membership discounts, online wellness program membership)
- Monthly company breakfasts
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, company-sponsored community events, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space...
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration (and a fair bit of fun, too). The high-energy, innovative environment has helped us develop a suite of cloud-based tools--which enable ad management and optimization across Google search, shopping, and display; Facebook; Instagram; and Bing--capable of meeting the changing needs of our customers.
Boston Business Journal, MITX, Inc. Magazine, and countless other organizations--both regional and national--have recognized WordStream as one of the country’s fastest growing companies and an exceptional place to work: And we’re just getting started.
Interested in contributing to industry-shaping innovation, enjoying a positive workspace, earning competitive pay, and advancing your career? Become part of the WordStream team today!