Senior Product Manager, Social Media
WordStream is looking for a Senior Product Manager of Social Platforms, to play a central role in defining, articulating, and executing our product vision and ensuring business success. We are seeking an innovative team-player who possess a deep understanding of the digital advertising industry, and in particular, Facebook advertising. In this role, you will conduct market research, translate ideas into strategy, prioritize features, and follow product development from start to finish. You will also play a key role in the partnerships WordStream has with Facebook.
WordStream is an industry leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) product company voted #1 in customer satisfaction in the search advertising sector. We’re committed to helping SMBs across our country and the world succeed and grow by helping them get the most out of their digital marketing dollars. Connected to some of the largest companies in the world, WordStream is partnered with Google, Bing and Facebook to help our customers market their businesses. WordStream also strives to make a difference in the lives of the people in our community. We are committed to corporate social responsibility and believe that it is our duty to give back through volunteering and charitable donations. If you are driven by taking action, winning together and believe transparency is the only way to be, we want to hear from you!
A little about the job...
- Conduct ongoing customer and non-customer research in order to thoroughly understand their needs and to anticipate their demands
- Leverage customer insights, internal stakeholder expertise, and sales feedback to develop a product strategy and to prioritize market requirements
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and UX/Product Design teams to ensure our product continuously delivers value to our customers advertising on social media
- Work closely with you Director, internal stakeholders and other leaders to translate high-level business needs and product strategy into a prioritized roadmap
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such as product marketing and sales to create buy-in for the product vision and to define its market positioning
- Maintain awareness of the changing competitive landscape, and develop strategies and tactics to address competitive risks and maximize product advantages
- Communicate the product strategy and feature updates to senior leadership, key stakeholders, and team members
- Translate product strategy into epics, user stories and prototypes
- Serve as the product lead for product design and implementation
- Drive execution of the product life cycle from conception through launch
- Support the documentation of product definitions and features for both internal and external consumption
- Help to make our social media ad platform partnerships successful
- Continuously remain customer inspired in all that you do while balancing the needs of the customer, the business and our partnerships.
A little about you...
- Bachelor Degree required
- 4+ years experience as a Product Manager for SaaS products
- Deep understanding of Facebook advertising
- Perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver
- Deep understanding of marketing and advertising businesses, the AdTech/MarTech landscape, and their emerging trends
- History of developing successful product visions and strategies
- Comfortable in holding discussions with existing and potential customers
- Proven ability to translate customer needs into product features
- Passionate about building products
- Customer inspired and love of small businesses
A little about our many benefits…
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan & Company Match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO (Trust and accountability-based)
- Parental Leave (PPL), Family Medical Leave (FML), and Adoption Assistance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (STD, LTD)
- Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance,and Critical Illness Insurance
- Donation Matching and Volunteer Matching
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discounts: Auto Insurance, Student Loan Consolidation Options, Cell Phone Carriers, Vacations, and Restaurants
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection Plans
- Wellbeing & Wellness (Gym membership discounts, online wellness program membership)
- Monthly company breakfasts
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, company-sponsored community events, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space...
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration (and a fair bit of fun, too). The high-energy, innovative environment has helped us develop a suite of cloud-based tools--which enable ad management and optimization across Google search, shopping, and display; Facebook; Instagram; and Bing--capable of meeting the changing needs of our customers.
Boston Business Journal, MITX, Inc. Magazine, and countless other organizations--both regional and national--have recognized WordStream as one of the country’s fastest growing companies and an exceptional place to work: And we’re just getting started.
Interested in contributing to industry-shaping innovation, enjoying a positive workspace, earning competitive pay, and advancing your career? Become part of the WordStream team today!
WordStream is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.