Lead UX/Product Designer
WordStream is seeking a Lead Product/UX Designer who is well-versed in the craft of making digital products that people want to use. This individual collaborates effectively with engineering and product management peers and acts as the voice of the design vision on any project. Hands-on design skills, a thorough understanding of web and mobile applications, and excellent communication skills are all essential for this role. While you’re an individual contributor, you love to share these skills but not worry about performance reviews.
As a Lead Designer, you will challenge the team to think beyond the expected and create thoughtful interactions that help our customers, Small Business Owners, achieve growth and greater success through digital marketing efforts while working with Product Leadership to define WordStream’s path forward.
WordStream is an industry leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) product company voted #1 in customer satisfaction in the search advertising sector. Our purpose is to help SMB’s succeed and grow by helping SMB’s across our country and the world get the most out of their digital marketing dollars. Connected to some of the largest companies in the world, Wordstream is partnered with Google, Bing and Facebook to help our customers market their businesses. WordStream also strives to make a difference in the lives of the people in our community. We are committed to corporate social responsibility and believe that it is our duty to give back through volunteering and charitable donations. If you are driven by taking action, winning together and believe transparency is the only way to be, we want to hear from you!
A little about the job...
- Brainstorm and create prototypes/sketches to gain real feedback
- Support the drafting of high level user stories, experience flows, wireframes, design mockups and prototypes
- Articulate how analytics and research will help you to unearth actionable insights and catalysts
- Produce specifications and assets for final release
- Communicate your solution across the design and product team
- Collaborate with Team leadership to cultivate a design-thinking process across the company, sharing inspiration and outside perspectives.
- Develop straightforward design approaches to complex design problems
- Efficiently work towards a deadline while not losing sight of the customers’ needs or best practices.
A little about you...
- 4+ years of professional UX/UI or product design experience
- BA/BS in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Experience working on a collaborative team working directly with product managers and engineers to implement software design solutions
- A portfolio of work that captures your thought process, workflow and design skills across various projects
- Excellent presentation, communication and organization skills
- Ability to time manage and meet deadlines when needed
A little about our many benefits...
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan & Company Match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO (Trust and accountability-based)
- Parental Leave (PPL), Family Medical Leave (FML), and Adoption Assistance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (STD, LTD)
- Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance,and Critical Illness Insurance
- Donation Matching and Volunteer Matching
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discounts: Auto Insurance, Student Loan Consolidation Options, Cell Phone Carriers, Vacations, and Restaurants
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection Plans
- Wellbeing & Wellness (Gym membership discounts, online wellness program membership)
- Monthly company breakfasts
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, company-sponsored community events, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space...
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration (and a fair bit of fun, too). The high-energy, innovative environment has helped us develop a suite of cloud-based tools--which enable ad management and optimization across Google search, shopping, and display; Facebook; Instagram; and Bing--capable of meeting the changing needs of our customers.
Boston Business Journal, MITX, Inc. Magazine, and countless other organizations--both regional and national--have recognized WordStream as one of the country’s fastest growing companies and an exceptional place to work: And we’re just getting started.
Interested in contributing to industry-shaping innovation, enjoying a positive workspace, earning competitive pay, and advancing your career? Become part of the WordStream team today!
WordStream is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.