Search Engine Marketing Manager
Managed Services is an award winning, innovative, full service digital marketing agency within an industry leading Saas company. We provide full hands on SEM services for our higher spending clients within the agency and SMB space.
As a leader on our Managed Services (MS) team you will report to the Associate Director and perform the day-to-day management of digital advertising campaigns for a portfolio of strategic key accounts, as well as supervise the performance and development of 1-4 junior team members, who are supporting the teams’ book of business. In this role, you will be ambitious, hyper-focused on communication, data-driven and have at least 5 years of demonstrated success managing the paid-search and social marketing initiatives for large accounts.
WordStream is an industry leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) product company voted #1 in customer satisfaction in the search advertising sector. Our purpose is to help SMB’s succeed and grow by helping SMB’s across our country and the world get the most out of their digital marketing dollars. Connected to some of the largest companies in the world, Wordstream is partnered with Google, Bing and Facebook to help our customers market their businesses. WordStream also strives to make a difference in the lives of the people in our community. We are committed to corporate social responsibility and believe that it is our duty to give back through volunteering and charitable donations. If you are driven by taking action, winning together and believe transparency is the only way to be, we want to hear from you
A little about the job…
- Manage campaign strategy and execution for paid search and paid social platforms, including Google, Bing and Facebook Ads for both e-commerce and lead generation clients
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and key decision makers
- Mentor and train account associates and junior team members in the support of your clients’ campaigns and your team’s accounts.
- Delegate responsibilities across a team to ensure client deliverables and deadlines are being met
- Conduct QBRs and present on success and our value to stakeholders
- Manage client goals and expectations in order to set realistic targets
- Hold weekly/bi-weekly meetings with clients, including performance updates and strategy discussions
- Run and build reports on campaigns results and deliver findings in a clear and client-facing format
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on industry trends and stay informed on best practices in the search and social space
- Verify and integrate conversion tracking as needed
- Balance large budgets across multiple accounts and platforms, ranging from $100,000 - $800,000 in monthly ad spend
- Navigate client risk through effective escalation and risk mitigation
- Collaborate cross functionally with other teams to set and meet quarterly objectives
- Run team meetings for collaboration on key accounts and in person presentations for onsite visits
A little about you…
- 5+ years of experience working with high spending clients (monthly client budgets exceeding $500,000 across platforms).
- Deep understanding of the paid search and social space (Google, Bing and Facebook Ads. Various other digital channels are a plus).
- Experience with phone-based, consultative relationship management, with a regular cadence of communication with clients
- Strong analytical mindset, with a comfortability working with large data sets within platforms and in excel
- Ability to delegate projects across multiple people and meet deadlines with consistent quality of delivery
- Natural multi-tasking skills, with the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Strong storytelling ability through google slides, reporting dashboards and in-platform navigation
A little about our many benefits…
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan & Company Match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO (Trust and accountability-based)
- Parental Leave (PPL), Family Medical Leave (FML), and Adoption Assistance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (STD, LTD)
- Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance,and Critical Illness Insurance
- Donation Matching and Volunteer Matching
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discounts: Auto Insurance, Student Loan Consolidation Options, Cell Phone Carriers, Vacations, and Restaurants
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection Plans
- Wellbeing & Wellness (Gym membership discounts, online wellness program membership)
- Monthly company breakfasts
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, company-sponsored community events, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space...
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration (and a fair bit of fun, too). The high-energy, innovative environment has helped us develop a suite of cloud-based tools--which enable ad management and optimization across Google search, shopping, and display; Facebook; Instagram; and Bing--capable of meeting the changing needs of our customers.
Boston Business Journal, MITX, Inc. Magazine, and countless other organizations--both regional and national--have recognized WordStream as one of the country’s fastest growing companies and an exceptional place to work: And we’re just getting started.
Interested in contributing to industry-shaping innovation, enjoying a positive workspace, earning competitive pay, and advancing your career? Become part of the WordStream team today!