Paid Search Strategist
As a Paid Search Strategist, you will report to the SEM Manager and perform the day-to-day management of paid search campaigns for our clients. You will become part of a rock-star team of experts who truly love their job, the company and lead the corporate culture with hard-work and fun times. This is a fantastic opportunity for a resourceful, success driven, and entrepreneurial individual looking to take their career to the next level.
A little about the job:
- Primary responsibility encompasses client relationship management and campaign detail project management to successfully implement search engine marketing initiatives, specifically paid-search campaign execution.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of a client’s paid search marketing initiatives. This includes managing the execution of search marketing strategies based on a client’s business objectives.
- Detailed tasks include managing the strategy and planning of paid search campaigns, managing the launch of each program, optimizing each program to meet specified performance objectives and managing client expectations/communications throughout the duration of the engagement.
- Track and report on campaign results, data analysis, and hold weekly/monthly campaign status calls including delivered monthly reports on results.
- Manage and/or mentor Associate Paid Search Strategists in their support of WordStream’s portfolio of clients.
- Uncover, understand and achieve client goals and business objectives through the customization of campaigns and understanding of the client’s product.
- Proactively provide strategic recommendations applicable to the client's business model and goals.
- Review and analyze competitor sites.
- Stay informed of industry trends and best practices and understanding how they can be applied to accounts.
- Identify and develop the most effective and cost-efficient paid search programs.
- Researching and selecting keyword, ad copy and landing pages.
- Setting and updating budgets caps and making sure accounts are pacing properly based on pre-determined spend.
- Managing IOs and budgets with search engines, specifically Google AdWords.
- Reviewing accounts pre and post launch.
- Managing and maintaining positive relationships with clients.
A little about how we measure success:
- Customer lifetime. Our ability to create a repeatable, scalable offering that drives results will keep our customers happy for years to come. Our goal is to keep our customers at least 2 years.
- Customer acquisition. Providing a service that leverages our software as well as our expertise delivering transparency, excellent communication and awesome results.
- Net Promoter Score. Satisfied customers are key to WordStream’s success and we periodically measure their satisfaction using the Net Promoter Score methodology. Our goal is to have 90% of our managed services customers designated as promoters.
A little about you:
- 3-5 years of search engine marketing experience is required, specifically paid-search within Google AdWords including hands-on experience with content networks and phone tracking.
- Computer skills – including proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Strong analytical skills, i.e., the ability to analyze results to determine key findings.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task while driving results.
- Tenacity, flexibility, dependability and the ability to grasp and manage the search engine marketing process.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written skills.
- Bachelors Degree and minimum three years’ experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) in the client service field.
- Previous campaign management experience and a comprehensive understanding of:
- Setting up paid search accounts from scratch
- The different types of search engine marketing tactics
- PPC optimization techniques (ROI / CPA / CPL / Impression Share)
- Working knowledge of display network including 3rd party tracking (Doubleclick & Atlas)
- Experience with or working knowledge of Bid Management tools (Marin & Searchignite)- including their limitations
- Experience with Analytics tools (Google Analytics, Web trends, Omniture)
- Search Engine Desktop Tools (Google AdWords Editor)
- Google Certification (Fundamentals) and Advanced Certification in one area; Analytics certification required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and eagerness to work as a member of the team while providing leadership.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Stock Option Plan
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space...
WordStream is a venture-backed SaaS company and the preeminent thought leader in the world of Pay-Per-Click (PPC) marketing. We develop online advertising software and provide managed services to help small businesses and agencies grow through paid search and paid social.
Founded in 2007, WordStream has evolved from a simple keyword tool into the premier solution for businesses using Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising, or Bing Ads. Our cloud-based software is constantly evolving to meet the changing needs of our customers, and the results speak for themselves: more web traffic, higher-quality leads, and increased profits, every day.
- Search and Social Media Marketing is a $70 billion industry, with more than 10 million businesses currently advertising on AdWords, Facebook, or Bing.
- In a few short years WordStream has become an industry leader, serving thousands of clients worldwide – and we are just getting started!
- Our award-winning software helps clients experience a phenomenal 65% increase sales and 9% drop in costs associated with those sales.
We offer a high-energy, innovative work environment where individual contributions are valued and rewarded. Our new offices, located in the Prudential Mall, are sleek and modern; our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration and industry-shaping innovation.
WordStream is building a world-class product and an enviable workplace culture. We reward our team members with a positive environment, competitive pay, great benefits, and ample opportunities for career advancement.