Director of Marketing, Web Experience & Site Optimization
WordStream is looking for an innovative, creative and analytical leader to manage our website and award-winning free tools. In this exciting and challenging role, you will be responsible for end-to-end management of our website, including security and performance, user experience, and, most importantly, converting our massive stream of organic traffic into leads and customers. You’ll also lead our analytics practice on the marketing team, managing and mentoring a Marketing Analyst, and reporting on A/B tests and trends. Additionally, you’ll work as the business sponsor for a cross-functional team that manages our award-winning free tools (including the AdWords Performance Grader), optimizing their performance and conversion rates.
A successful candidate for this role will be a balance of an organized, detail-oriented project manager and a strategic business leader able to cultivate new tools and strategies to capture and convert traffic into revenue for WordStream. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a robust, highly-trafficked Drupal website that publishes best-in-class content marketing and produces a valuable stream of qualified leads. Your measure of success will be in hitting and exceeding lead growth through our inbound web traffic.
A little about the job:
- Own and set strategy for how our web properties and award-winning free tools contribute to the business’s revenue engine on both the prospect and customer sides of the house.
- Manage and direct all web projects, including testing, targeting and optimization of website ads.
- Manage a Marketing Analyst. Coach and guide their career path.
- Oversee the planning, development and execution of tests on homepages, product pages, landing pages and signup forms.
- Manage all aspects of website and free tools projects from planning through execution (defining business and user requirements, dependencies, reviewing specifications, budget and risk assessment, etc.).
- Direct and partner with creative and product marketing resources to optimize and test creative assets, ad copy, marketing messages, product descriptions, calls-to-action, page layouts, page designs, forms, etc.
- Work with our Marketing Analyst to report on website and free tools performance and funnel metrics on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure site architecture and site optimization strategy keep pace with evolving organic search practices.
- Lead the identification, evaluation and prioritization of web site improvements.
- Coordinate with internal and external design and development partners and internal Product and Engineering teams where necessary to ensure implementation of improvement projects.
- Own Marketing target for leads, SQLs and demos from organic, direct and referral web traffic.
- Work with our Content and SEO team to ensure the website is optimized for organic search and offers a best-in-class content experience.
- Synthesize data from multiple sources to evaluate trends across the funnel.
A little about you:
- 8-12 years’ experience in digital marketing with 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role. B2B marketing experience preferred.
- Has excellent organizational and project management skills, strong attention to detail and can skillfully manage several complex projects with multiple moving parts.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or other related field.
- Strong data analytics skills, including a background in statistical analysis. Deep experience using Google Analytics in a business environment. SQL and Tableau experience a plus.
- Experience working with a website CMS. Drupal or Wordpress experience preferred.
- Experience in using data to identify issues and recommend clear actions to improve website performance and KPIs.
- Experience in planning and running A/B, Multi Variant and usability tests.
- Strong proficiency in user experience best practices, including prototyping, wireframing, and user testing. Solid copywriting skills and ability to give creative direction when needed.
- Proficient in standard Microsoft programs (Adobe design program and HTML a plus).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and eagerness to work as a member of the team while providing ownership of individual tasks.
- Experience managing agency and vendor relationships.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Marketo or other CRM solutions preferred.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO, Based off trust and accountability
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space...
WordStream is a SaaS company and the preeminent thought leader in the world of Pay-Per-Click (PPC) marketing. We develop online advertising software and provide managed services to help small businesses and agencies grow through paid search and paid social.
Founded in 2007, WordStream has evolved from a simple keyword tool into the premier solution for businesses using Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising, or Bing Ads. Our cloud-based software is constantly evolving to meet the changing needs of our customers, and the results speak for themselves: more web traffic, higher-quality leads, and increased profits, every day.
- Search and Social Media Marketing is a $70 billion industry, with more than 10 million businesses currently advertising on AdWords, Facebook, or Bing.
- In a few short years WordStream has become an industry leader, serving thousands of clients worldwide – and we are just getting started!
- Our award-winning software helps clients experience a phenomenal 65% increase sales and 9% drop in costs associated with those sales.
We offer a high-energy, innovative work environment where individual contributions are valued and rewarded. Our new offices, located in the Prudential Mall, are sleek and modern; our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration and industry-shaping innovation.
WordStream is building a world-class product and an enviable workplace culture. We reward our team members with a positive environment, competitive pay, great benefits, and ample opportunities for career advancement.