Software Engineer - Infrastructure
As a member on the Infrastructure Team you will work as part of a top-performing team to deliver high-quality search engine marketing SaaS solutions to market. You will help architect and build the next generation of our award winning product owning the systems engineering and development tooling within the WordStream platform.
We are looking for a technologist that loves the cloud, automation, problem solving, and learning new tools. The developer will be part of our Infrastructure team charged with automating and supporting our growing AWS environment; scaling our ever increasing customer base and data storage; building best in class tooling to support code deployments; troubleshooting environment issues; and generally developing great software to allow our feature teams to rapidly deploy and monitor customer facing applications.
If you’re excited about software design, fast-paced environments, new technologies, the open-source software stack, we’d like to hear from you!
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) for all of our servers
- Linux servers, PostgreSQL databases, ElasticSearch Cluster, Cassandra Cluster
- Python application code
- Chef for our configuration management
- NewRelic, Papertrail, and some homegrown monitoring tools
- Buildbot for continuous integration and deployments
- Git for source control
- Develop new tooling (AWS, Python, Chef) to support growth in our application environments and introduce new technologies (e.g. ElasticSearch)
- Own projects that enhance our infrastructure (e.g. Implement new data pipeline streams; evaluate, develop and deploy enhanced job monitoring; write custom code to support our unique infrastructure needs)
- Support weekly production deployments and upgrades to core infrastructure (Postgres upgrades, Boto upgrades, Python upgrades)
- Support our marketing site infrastructure (AWS, Drupal, MySQL, CodeDeploy)
- Participate in the planning around Infrastructure technology backlog
- Support troubleshooting development and production issues, be part of on-call rotation
A little about you:
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or related field and considerable experience developing and managing web applications)
- Experience with Python
- 4+ years of experience writing code professionally (preferably SaaS)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud environment
- Experience with site and system monitoring/alerting
- Experience developing tools to support developers including creating environments, deploying code and running automated tests
- Experience with Linux
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies
- Familiarity and experience with the Agile methodology is a plus
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space...
WordStream is a SaaS company and the preeminent thought leader in the world of Pay-Per-Click (PPC) marketing. We develop online advertising software and provide managed services to help small businesses and agencies grow through paid search and paid social.
Founded in 2007, WordStream has evolved from a simple keyword tool into the premier solution for businesses using Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising, or Bing Ads. Our cloud-based software is constantly evolving to meet the changing needs of our customers, and the results speak for themselves: more web traffic, higher-quality leads, and increased profits, every day.
- Search and Social Media Marketing is a $70 billion industry, with more than 10 million businesses currently advertising on AdWords, Facebook, or Bing.
- In a few short years WordStream has become an industry leader, serving thousands of clients worldwide – and we are just getting started!
- Our award-winning software helps clients experience a phenomenal 65% increase sales and 9% drop in costs associated with those sales.
We offer a high-energy, innovative work environment where individual contributions are valued and rewarded. Our new offices, located in the Prudential Mall, are sleek and modern; our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration and industry-shaping innovation.
WordStream is building a world-class product and an enviable workplace culture. We reward our team members with a positive environment, competitive pay, great benefits, and ample opportunities for career advancement.