Product Manager- Ecommerce
WordStream is looking for an Ecommerce Product Manager! The Product Manager will work directly with the Director of Ecommerce to support the development of our new product geared towards ecommerce advertisers. Our ideal candidate has an eagle-eye for detail, demonstrates empathy for the user, and is able to identify issues and opportunities in our product. The ideal candidate has experience collaborating with product managers and development teams. Since this position requires frequent interaction with cross-functional teams and senior product management leadership, excellent communication, presentation, project management and problem-solving skills are critical.
Our mission is to make online advertising easy and effective for small businesses, both through the use of our easy-to-use software product and our award-winning consulting services. The ecommerce vertical is relatively new for us, and we’re looking for someone with the enthusiasm & flexibility needed to move quickly and iterate on new product features. Experience in the online advertising industry is a plus.
A little about the job:
- Understand customer/market needs by analyzing multiple sources of data; including customer workflows, user feedback and interviews, competitive research, usage metrics, etc.
- Work with the Director of Ecommerce to define and prioritize product requirements
- Collaborate with our Customer Success and Managed Services teams to understand and validate customer needs, and prioritize them for development
- Communicate with Dev team via user stories, wireframes, mockups, and whatever else is needed, and work closely with Dev to get great things built
- Work with UX resources to define a beautiful, elegant solution that you will be so proud of you’ll want to print it out and tape it to your fridge
- Own and prioritize the product backlog according to customer and business needs
- Educate users and internal stakeholders on new features by creating and/or contributing to release notes and feature overviews
- Communicate product plans, status updates, and timing to management and stakeholders
A little about you:
- Organized and detail oriented, you’re a power user of tools like Excel, Trello, and Google tools
- Comfortable with ambiguity and effective with minimal guidance
- Excellent partnership and collaboration skills
- Able to hold your own in usability/UX discussions with design, as well as technical discussions with engineering
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Ability to quickly prioritize requirements and initiatives to drive revenue
- Able to make decisions and facilitate decision making, leveraging data wherever possible
- Passionate about working for and able to help us realize our mission of making advertising easy and effective for small eCommerce businesses
- A bright, genuine, and empathetic individual who is constantly learning
- Experience in the ecommerce and/or online advertising space is a HUGE bonus
Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO, Based off trust and accountability
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space...
WordStream is a SaaS company and the preeminent thought leader in the world of Pay-Per-Click (PPC) marketing. We develop online advertising software and provide managed services to help small businesses and agencies grow through paid search and paid social.
Founded in 2007, WordStream has evolved from a simple keyword tool into the premier solution for businesses using Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising, or Bing Ads. Our cloud-based software is constantly evolving to meet the changing needs of our customers, and the results speak for themselves: more web traffic, higher-quality leads, and increased profits, every day.
- Search and Social Media Marketing is a $70 billion industry, with more than 10 million businesses currently advertising on AdWords, Facebook, or Bing.
- In a few short years WordStream has become an industry leader, serving thousands of clients worldwide – and we are just getting started!
- Our award-winning software helps clients experience a phenomenal 65% increase sales and 9% drop in costs associated with those sales.
We offer a high-energy, innovative work environment where individual contributions are valued and rewarded. Our new offices, located in the Prudential Mall, are sleek and modern; our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration and industry-shaping innovation.
WordStream is building a world-class product and an enviable workplace culture. We reward our team members with a positive environment, competitive pay, great benefits, and ample opportunities for career advancement.