Product Manager, Social Media Platforms
WordStream is an industry leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) product company, who is currently servicing a multi-billion dollar industry, providing access to the next generation of marketing as we know it today! Connected to some of the largest companies in the world, WordStream is partnered with Google, Bing and Facebook, with more partnerships to come! WordStream is number 1 in customer satisfaction in the search advertising sector, helping SMB’s leverage their PPC and Paid Search marketing campaigns to help grow their businesses.
WordStream is looking for a Senior Product Manager of Social Platforms, to play a central role in defining, articulating, and executing our product vision and ensuring business success. We are seeking an innovative team-player who possess a deep understanding of the advertising industry, and in particular, social media advertising. In this role, you will conduct market research, translate ideas into strategy, prioritize features, and follow product development from start to finish. You will also play a key role in the partnerships WordStream has with the major social media platforms themselves.
A little about the job:
- Conduct ongoing customer research in order to thoroughly understand their needs and to anticipate their demands
- Leverage customer insights, internal stakeholder expertise, and sales feedback to develop a product strategy and to prioritize market requirements
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and UX Design teams to ensure our product continuously delivers value to our customers advertising on social media
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and leaders to translate high-level business needs and product strategy into a prioritized roadmap
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such as product marketing and sales to create buy-in for the product vision and to define its market positioning
- Maintain awareness of the changing competitive landscape, and develop strategies and tactics to address competitive risks and maximize product advantages
- Communicate the product strategy and feature updates to senior leadership, key stakeholders, and team members
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Serve as the product lead for product design and implementation
- Drive execution of the product life cycle from conception through launch
- Support the documentation of product definitions and features for both internal and external consumption
- Develop product specifications and project requirements, and create user stories
- Break down complex customer needs into simple and intuitive solutions
- Create user stories and work closely with Engineering and QA to deliver features with a focus on quick time-to-market
- Ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met
- Own our social media ad platform partnerships
- Continuously remain customer inspired in all that you do while balancing the needs of the customer, the business and our partnerships.
A little about you:
- Bachelor Degree required
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager for technology products
- Perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver
- History of developing successful product visions and strategies
- Comfortable in holding discussions with existing and potential customers
- Proven ability to translate customer needs into product features
- Passionate about building products
A little about our many benefits…
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan & Company Match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO (Trust and accountability-based)
- Parental Leave (PPL), Family Medical Leave (FML), and Adoption Assistance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (STD, LTD)
- Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance,and Critical Illness Insurance
- Donation Matching and Volunteer Matching
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discounts: Auto Insurance, Student Loan Consolidation Options, Cell Phone Carriers, Vacations, and Restaurants
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection Plans
- Wellbeing & Wellness (Gym membership discounts, online wellness program membership)
- Monthly company breakfasts
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, company-sponsored community events, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space...
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration (and a fair bit of fun, too). The high-energy, innovative environment has helped us develop a suite of cloud-based tools--which enable ad management and optimization across Google search, shopping, and display; Facebook; Instagram; and Bing--capable of meeting the changing needs of our customers.
Boston Business Journal, MITX, Inc. Magazine, and countless other organizations--both regional and national--have recognized WordStream as one of the country’s fastest growing companies and an exceptional place to work: And we’re just getting started.
Interested in contributing to industry-shaping innovation, enjoying a positive workspace, earning competitive pay, and advancing your career? Become part of the WordStream team today!