WordStream is an industry leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) product company voted #1 in customer satisfaction in the search advertising sector. We’re committed to helping SMB’s across our country and the world succeed and grow by helping them get the most out of their digital marketing dollars. Connected to some of the largest companies in the world, Wordstream is partnered with Google, Bing and Facebook to help our customers market their businesses. WordStream also strives to make a difference in the lives of the people in our community. We are committed to corporate social responsibility and believe that it is our duty to give back through volunteering and charitable donations. If you are driven by taking action, winning together and believe transparency is the only way to be, we want to hear from you!
Product Managers at WordStream play a central role in defining, articulating, and executing our product vision and ensuring business success. They are passionate about immersing themselves in the world of the SMB; developing a deep understanding of their needs, their goals and what it takes to grow their businesses. We are seeking an innovative team-player who possesses a deep understanding of SaaS software product development and baseline knowledge of the digital advertising industry. In this role, you will conduct market research, translate ideas into strategy, prioritize features, and contribute to product development from start to finish while working with your engineering and user experience design counterparts as a team. You will also play a key role in the partnerships WordStream has with the major digital advertising platforms themselves.
A little about the job:
- Conduct ongoing customer research in order to thoroughly understand their needs and to anticipate their demands
- Leverage customer insights, internal stakeholder expertise, and sales feedback to develop a product strategy and to prioritize market requirements
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and UX Design teams to ensure our product continuously delivers value to our customers advertising on the marketing platforms we support
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and leaders to translate high-level business needs and product strategy into a prioritized roadmap, detailed requirements, flows and prototypes
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such as product marketing and sales to create buy-in for the product vision and to define its market positioning
- Maintain awareness of the changing competitive landscape, and develop strategies and tactics to address competitive risks and maximize product advantages
- Communicate the product strategy and feature updates to senior leadership, key stakeholders, and team members
- Serve as the product lead for product design and implementation driving execution of the product life cycle from conception through launch
- Support the documentation of product definitions and features for both internal and external consumption
- Break down complex customer needs into simple and intuitive solutions
- Ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met
- Continuously remain customer inspired in all that you do while balancing the needs of the customer, the business and our partnerships
A little about you:
- Bachelor Degree required
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager for technology products
- Perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver
- Baseline understanding of marketing and advertising businesses, the AdTech/MarTech landscape
- History of developing successful product visions and strategies including roadmaps
- Comfortable in holding discussions with existing and potential customers
- Proven ability to translate customer needs into product features
- Experience with Agile methodologies including the creation of epics and user stories as well as backlog grooming
- Passionate about building products
- Customer inspired and love of small businesses
A little about our many benefits…
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan & Company Match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO (Trust and accountability-based)
- Parental Leave (PPL), Family Medical Leave (FML), and Adoption Assistance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (STD, LTD)
- Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance,and Critical Illness Insurance
- Donation Matching and Volunteer Matching
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discounts: Auto Insurance, Student Loan Consolidation Options, Cell Phone Carriers, Vacations, and Restaurants
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection Plans
- Wellbeing & Wellness (Gym membership discounts, online wellness program membership)
- Monthly company breakfasts
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, company-sponsored community events, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space...
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration (and a fair bit of fun, too). The high-energy, innovative environment has helped us develop a suite of cloud-based tools--which enable ad management and optimization across Google search, shopping, and display; Facebook; Instagram; and Bing--capable of meeting the changing needs of our customers.
Boston Business Journal, MITX, Inc. Magazine, and countless other organizations--both regional and national--have recognized WordStream as one of the country’s fastest growing companies and an exceptional place to work: And we’re just getting started.
Interested in contributing to industry-shaping innovation, enjoying a positive workspace, earning competitive pay, and advancing your career? Become part of the WordStream team today!