Product Data Analyst Summer Internship
WordStream is looking for an ambitious Product Data Analyst Intern who is eager to dive into our large repositories of product data and turn raw numbers into powerful business insights. You’ll be embedded within the Product team and be responsible for helping us use data to solve real business problems like:
- Are there certain customer attributes that can predict if they’re likely to be a long-term customer or not?
- Are certain advertising strategies more effective for certain kinds of customers?
- Is there any statistical significance in this software A/B test that we ran?
This role is an exciting opportunity to hone your analytical skills while also getting a full picture of how analytics fits into the overall operations of a growing technology company.
WordStream is an industry leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) product company voted #1 in customer satisfaction in the search advertising sector. Our purpose is to help SMB’s succeed and grow by helping SMB’s across our country and the world get the most out of their digital marketing dollars. Connected to some of the largest companies in the world, Wordstream is partnered with Google, Bing and Facebook to help our customers market their businesses. WordStream also strives to make a difference in the lives of the people in our community. We are committed to corporate social responsibility and believe that it is our duty to give back through volunteering and charitable donations. If you are driven by taking action, winning together and believe transparency is the only way to be, we want to hear from you!
A little about the job:
- Work with Data Analysts, Product Managers, and UX Designers to identify business and customer challenges that require data analysis
- Acquire and analyze data from primary and secondary data sources
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Synthesize key findings into dashboards and/or presentations that compellingly “tell the story” behind the findings
A little about you:
- Sophomore (2021 grad) or Junior (2020 grad) pursuing a bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Confident and proficient in at least one of the following: SQL, R, Python. Eager to develop new skills and explore new technologies.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Enjoys explaining analytical concepts to non-technical audiences in verbal and/or written form
- Ability and interest in accepting and giving feedback regarding analyses
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Bonus points for experience in digital marketing, advertising or social media
A little about the benefits:
- Paid internship
- Ability to work closely with an experienced Product team on a variety of projects
- Ability to learn more about the advertising industry
- Casual and fun work environment
- Downtown Back Bay office (easy and accessible via public transportation)
A little about WordStream and our market space...
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration (and a fair bit of fun, too). The high-energy, innovative environment has helped us develop a suite of cloud-based tools--which enable ad management and optimization across Google search, shopping, and display; Facebook; Instagram; and Bing--capable of meeting the changing needs of our customers.
Boston Business Journal, MITX, Inc. Magazine, and countless other organizations--both regional and national--have recognized WordStream as one of the country’s fastest growing companies and an exceptional place to work: And we’re just getting started.
Interested in contributing to industry-shaping innovation, enjoying a positive workspace, earning competitive pay, and advancing your career? Become part of the WordStream team today!
WordStream is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.