Director of Product Marketing
WordStream is hiring a Director of Product Marketing, who will be the expert on our clients, how they think, and why they buy. This person will be responsible for thinking about the bigger picture, how WordStream fits into the market, and how we bring value to our customers. Additionally, this role is both hands-on and creative, allowing the opportunity to craft compelling content, work closely with our sales, product, and engineering teams, and showcase your communication skills as you lead and influence product positioning decisions. The ideal candidate will use in-depth knowledge of the market and a strong understanding of our product, customers and competitors, and will develop messaging that differentiates WordStream’s products in the market and present our products through the lens of the client.
WordStream is an industry leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) product company voted #1 in customer satisfaction in the search advertising sector. Our purpose is to help SMB’s succeed and grow by helping SMB’s across our country and the world get the most out of their digital marketing dollars. Connected to some of the largest companies in the world, Wordstream is partnered with Google, Bing and Facebook to help our customers market their businesses. WordStream also strives to make a difference in the lives of the people in our community. We are committed to corporate social responsibility and believe that it is our duty to give back through volunteering and charitable donations. If you are driven by taking action, winning together and believe transparency is the only way to be, we want to hear from you!
A little about the job...
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to develop strategies, tactics and marketing programs, packages and sales tools to further push product adoption and monetization.
- Launch new products and manage the cross-functional implementation of the go to market plan including marketing kits, training, press announcements, etc.
- Create product content (e.g. sales enablement documentation, case studies, product videos, website copy, blog posts) to articulate the benefits of products to the both internally and externally.
- Messaging and Naming: Define the messaging and product naming for WordStream's product and service suite. Make recommendations toward evolutions in product packaging and company positioning.
- Sales and Customer Success enablement: communicate the value proposition of our products to the Sales and Customer Success teams and work with content marketing and outside vendors to develop Case Studies, Product Videos, Product One-Pagers, Product Email Templates, webinars.
- Product Launch Communication: Develop plan and calendar for product communications, coordinate with stakeholders in Customer Marketing to align messages where it makes sense.
- Drive Adoption/Sales: Identify opportunities for sales incentives, customer and prospect marketing offers to drive adoption of key product features.
- Competitive Intelligence: Monitor and assess competitors’ products, packaging and marketing strategies quarterly, share update with key stakeholders within org.
- Customer and Prospect Perspective: Continually be taking the pulse of our prospects and customers through NPS, Non Converter and Churn survey analysis; interviews and phone calls, and market research.
A little about you...
- 10+ years of marketing or product marketing experience at an agency or B2B technology environment.
- Bachelor`s degree. MBA is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – there is a heavy amount of writing and presenting/selling ideas in this role.
- Proven experience and success with SEM, SEO and for lead generation; YouTube experience is a plus.
- Excellent people and management skills.
- Strong work ethic. Prepared to go “above and beyond” to get the job done.
- Ability to lead/own projects, collaborate and prioritize demands from various departments.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Creative thinker, both outside and inside the box.
A little about our many benefits...
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan & Company Match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO (Trust and accountability-based)
- Parental Leave (PPL), Family Medical Leave (FML), and Adoption Assistance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (STD, LTD)
- Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance,and Critical Illness Insurance
- Donation Matching and Volunteer Matching
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discounts: Auto Insurance, Student Loan Consolidation Options, Cell Phone Carriers, Vacations, and Restaurants
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection Plans
- Wellbeing & Wellness (Gym membership discounts, online wellness program membership)
- Monthly company breakfasts
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, company-sponsored community events, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space...
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration (and a fair bit of fun, too). The high-energy, innovative environment has helped us develop a suite of cloud-based tools--which enable ad management and optimization across Google search, shopping, and display; Facebook; Instagram; and Bing--capable of meeting the changing needs of our customers.
Boston Business Journal, MITX, Inc. Magazine, and countless other organizations--both regional and national--have recognized WordStream as one of the country’s fastest growing companies and an exceptional place to work: And we’re just getting started.
Interested in contributing to industry-shaping innovation, enjoying a positive workspace, earning competitive pay, and advancing your career? Become part of the WordStream team today!
WordStream is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.